Monday, January 16, 2012

014: Snow and the End of an Awful Week, take 2

It has been snowing on and off the last two days.  I have no pictures cause I was at work or it wasnt sticking.  Have I told you how much I love snow?  Its so fresh and crisp and clean.  It makes the world a blank slate, like new beginnings.  Plus you get to stay home and be warm and snug with soup and tea.  Movies are more fun to watch and books better to read.  Cuddling is better when you are someone to share it with, which makes me very glad I have a cuddle bug of a cat.  I was also very glad to have had today off.  It had been a rough week.  It seems silly to go into the details.  Just lots of little bad things happened.  Nothing life altering, more obnoxiousness.  For the most part I am over it, not going to get bummed out, especially since it is going to get worse before it gets better.  I really dont want to whine about work too much here but...  My favorite person to work with is leaving on the 23rd.  I am really happy for her and very sad for me.  Life at the hotel is going to be so much different without her!  This being said she is also very good at her job and finding someone else to do half as well as she did will be difficult.  There will be a void for a while and I am not excited for the changes and trying to cope with training new people...  That is all I plan on saying about that.  [We will see if I can keep to that.]

I had been doing some creating!  Shocking!  Saturday I made two glow-in-the-dark centipede necklaces!  Sunday I made a glow-in-the-dark dragonfly and spider [for me].  I made them to give to friends at the bar on Sunday, but with the ice I stayed home.  I am a pussy about driving on ice!  I spun my car last year and it scared the crap out of me!





One of the centipedes and the dragonfly got tangled and tugged on too hard before taking these picures so I have to fix them.  Oops...

Number of stores visited on my "pj only" day off:  3, but I got great cat toys and cat nip for my baby.  She is now sleeping off a frenzy.  So totally worth it!
% of bathroom cleaned:  0, but I still have time!
Episodes of United States of Tara:  More than I want to count... 6?
Create:  Blog ideas...  shh... They are secrets!  :)

My one day weekend was too short!  How was your weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...