i love potatoes. Like really really really really love potatoes... In all the paleo books I have read they say no to potatoes. Sad face. I tried giving up potatoes many times. Many times. I have quit smoking, gave up dairy, meat, gluten, rice and beans, but I can NOT give up potatoes. Which is funny because when I tell people I am gluten or dairy free and they say they could never give it up, I laugh. "You can give up anything if you really want to!" I say. Maybe this is why I cant give up potatoes. I dont want to. I gave up gluten and dairy because it doesnt agree with me. I am happier without it in my life. Potatoes make me feel better not worse. So I have given up on giving up potatoes!
I made these yummy double baked potatoes for Easter. We had a very easy meal plan and I decided to make it a bit more exciting. These were super easy and super delish!
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub potatoes and bake for an hour at 350. (I pierce my potatoes with a fork but I am not sure if you have to do this in the oven...)
- Let cool for a few minutes, till you can handle potatoes without burning yourself.
- Cut each potato in half longways.
- Scoop the meat of the potato from the skin and place in a bowl. Be sure to leave a little meat so the skins keep their shape.
- Smash the potato with salt, pepper and mayo till it has the consistency of mashed potatoes. I used the help of my hand blender.
- Scoop potato mixture back into the skins. If you want to get fancy use your cake decorating kit or a zippy with the end cut.
- Broil for 3 minutes and check. If they are not golden enough for you, broil for another 3 minutes.