Sunday, March 10, 2013

Goals: 100 Birds


my mother has always been a big fan of birds.  You could be having a conversation with her and she would see a bird and you would lose her till she identified it.  We call it "bird ADD", kind of a family joke.  I was trained at a young age to call out if I ever see a Red-Tailed Hawk.  We even made it into a game for long car trips, counting birds.  I still play with friends on road trips.  I have always wanted to know more about birds, I can only identify ones I have seen in our backyard.  This gave me the idea of making a list of 100 birds spotted before summer is over.  I bought a app for my phone to help from the Audubon Society.  Its pretty nifty!  So far I have 4 birds.

1/100  Red-tail HawkButeo jamaicensis very fitting first sighting.
2/100  Canada Goose, Branta canadensis
3/100  European Starling, Sturnus vulgaris
4/100  American Crow, Corvus brachyrhynchos

My plan is to go on birding adventures, any excuse to sit outside!

Hot Beverage:  One coffee and I forgot to say only one shot!  Didnt perk me up at all...  Strange cause that should have had me bouncing off the walls!
Adventure:  Went to a real pet store to get Charlotte's cat food.  It was really fun to see the fish, lizards and hermit crabs!  I miss my hermies...  Ps. Animals should never go on sale.  Not classy...
Nail Polish:  Russian Navy by OPI with an extra coat of a silver sparkles by OPI that is missing a label, on my ring fingers.
Miles:  11/100
Birds:  4/100
How was your weekend?
heart you

1 comment:

  1. Your mother and I could never have a civil conversation about birds.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...