Friday, September 6, 2013

What I Learned This Week: Butter in Coffee is OK

     happy Friday pals!  I have been doing lots of reading on Bulletproof® Coffee this week.  It is a special blend of coffee that you add BUTTER and MCT oil to (which seems to be coconut oil on steroids...).  How gross does that sound?  Blah.  I first found out about this coffee concoction from Kristen's Raw.  She is one of my favorite food bloggers of all times!  I read her blog a TON when I first went vegan.  She was so happy and excited about the awesomeness of vegnism.  I agreed with all the awesomeness in the beginning but at some point it changes.  The honeymoon of being a vegan is short lived and you feel guilt and like a failure for not being able to make it work.  That was how I felt at least...  When I decided to start eating meat again I couldnt look at her blog for months.  I felt like I had failed, at life and to her.  About a month ago I went back to see what she was up to and to my surprise she had changed her ways also!  What?!?  She was now an omnivore too!  I fell even more in love with her blog!  Going into being a vegan isnt easy.  I had a harder time giving up cheese than I did giving up smoking.  You go in with high hopes and it is hard work.  When it doesnt work you think it is you but I dont think it is.  I am sure it works for some people, but my guess would be less people then you think...  Kristen even did a podcast with Dave of The Bulletproof Executive.  Dude is crazy!  He reminds me of Tim Ferriss.  The interview is great.  I agree with soooo much of it!  I figured I could at least try making coffee with butter in it.  The coffee beans Dave sells are not cheap.  I figured I should try it with regular coffee first.  I watched a lot of YouTube videos and lots of people use coconut oil instead of MCT oil.  I have some so lets give it a shot!

My breakfast this AM.  Broccoli with 2 eggs over medium, bacon and coffee with butter and coconut oil.  You HAVE to blend it!  I used an immersion blender.  It gets really frothy.  Totes weird.  It smells really nutty, like hazelnuts, kinda.  I took my first sip.  It was creamy and delicious!  Kinda bitter at the end because of the lack of sweetener, but I later added some.  Here is what I did.
  1. One cup of hot coffee, one tablespoon of UNSALTED grass fed butter (it HAS to be grass fed or you dont get the right good fats) and one tablespoon of coconut oil blended with immersion blender.
  2. I added ice and poured it into another glass and back again to cool it.  
  3. I drank half of it and decided it need to be sweeter!  I added less than a teaspoon of Truvia and a squirt of chocolate syrup...
It was super tasty!  I feel like I have more energy...  But that could be the power of suggestion, either way I will take it!  I normally add unsweetened almond milk.  I might like this better.  Who would have thought!  Now Titanium is playing on my Pandora.  Its a sign!  

I hope to be watching Lunar Orbiter’s Launch to the Moon on NASA TV.

Some times we need a little help making things better.  Here is a magic button!


Riddick comes out today!!!!!!!  O.O  <3  <3  <3
  • I have 5ish pairs of leggings and can only find one pair...  And they have holes in them!  I guess I am more religious than I thought...
  • I have been feeling like a chocolate monster lately.  Its weird I dont normally crave a lot of chocolate. But I will be making this Chocolate Pudding later today! 
  • I over extend myself with goals.  I have really high hopes for myself, but rarely live up.  I need to learn that this is ok.  I need to make things more manageable.  Not expect less from life but be more realistic.
What did you learn this week?
heart you

1 comment:

  1. RIDDICK! I too am a Riddick lover. I've been waiting years for this movie. I am, however, afaid that it won't live up to expectations. It is not the direction I expected them to go after Chronicles. But we shall see.

    I feel you on the goals too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...